The CAVA Barcelona Experience fall 2019
Immerse yourself in the mind-blowing food and cava culture of Catalonia with a small group of fellow foodies and future friends September 2 through September 8, 2019.
The Cava Barcelona Experience is unique in three ways. The event is uniquely researched. Extensive first-hand exploration goes into finding the best Spain's Cava wine country and the city of Barcelona has to offer! (We eat and drink a great deal to try it all! We know, it's hard work but somebody's gotta do it!)
It’s not a “tour.” We’ll all live together in a spacious home in the heart of the Cava wine country. (Each couple gets a private room with private bathroom, and the accommodations are included in the price.)
This exclusive, 5-night, 6-day experience is a celebration of food and life, Catalonian style!
Explore the region's most intriguing and secret food spots. Enjoy in wine tastings, cheese tastings and more with the area's top experts. Learn how to cook and eat Catalonia style.
We'll take you straight to the most authentic markets, restaurants, artisan shops and other hidden gems! We'll emphasize farm-to-table meals, organic and natural ingredients and deep Spanish tradition.
And we'll bring the region's best food and wine experts to you! You'll learn how to appreciate, taste and make Catalan cuisine and wine!
We'll experience the true bohemian side of Barcelona, enjoy tapas of the highest order at the best local spots and explore the musical rhythms of flamenco. We'll talk to cultural experts to enlightened us about all things Catalonia.
You'll not only learn and taste and explore, but together we'll honor those who have kept the flame of ancient Catalan traditions, food methods and agrarian skills alive.
Join the gastronomad movement in the most delicious way possible!
Here's what's included:
- Traditional bread baking class with Spain's #1 baker
- Cava country wine tasting with the top natural winemakers
- Grape harvesting in Penedes vineyards and winemaking the Catalonian way
- Local artisanal cheese class with expert affineur to the Michelin restaurant chefs
- Wood-fire cook-out of Catalonian delicacies
- Quality time in exclusive studio with a famous Catalonian ceramicist and artist
- Guided walk around La Boqueria Market to shop the way the locals do
- Market to kitchen to table Paella and Sangria master class taught by Catalonia’s most talented couple (who are the leaders of Barcelona’s organic food movement)
- Authentic Paella and Sangria Party
- Spanish Vermut (vermouth) tasting
- Tapas hopping
- Decadent and bohemian night in the Gothic Quarter
- A lavish Catalan gastronomy dining experience under the stars
- Journey through Spain's best wines with Spanish cheese pairing
- Traditional market-restaurant seafood culinary experience
- Intimate and exclusive Flamenco entertainment
- Old-fashioned Spanish hot chocolate and churro respite
- And other secret surprises!