The Barcelona Experience 2017
Immerse yourself in the mind-blowing food and cava culture of Catalonia with a small group of fellow foodies and future friends September 12 through September 17, 2017.
The Barcelona Experience is unique in three ways. First, the event is uniquely researched. Extensive first-hand exploration goes into finding the best Barcelona has to offer! (We eat and drink a great deal to try it all! We know, it's hard work but somebody's gotta do it!)
Second, we'll never repeat the Barcelona Experience. It's literally a once-in-a-lifetime event.
And third, it’s not a “tour.” We’ll all live together in a luxury apartment in the heart of Barcelona. (Each couple gets a spacious, private room with private bathroom, and the accommodations are included in the price.)
Barcelona is one of our favorite cities in the world -- we've been coming here for 30 years -- and it has one of the world's greatest food cultures. This exclusive, 5-night, 6-day experience is a celebration of food and life, Catalonian style!
Explore the city's most intriguing and secret food spots. Enjoy in wine tastings, cheese tastings and more with the city's top experts. Learn how to cook and eat Barcelona style.
We'll take you straight to the most authentic markets, restaurants, artisan shops and other hidden gems! We'll emphasize farm-to-table meals, organic and natural ingredients and deep Spanish tradition.
And we'll bring Barcelona's best food and wine experts to you! You'll learn how to appreciate, taste and make Catalan cuisine and wine!
We'll experience the true bohemian side of this city, enjoy tapas of the highest order at the best local spots and explore the musical rhythms of flamenco. We'll talk to cultural experts to enlightened us about all things Catalonia. We'll also take a trip to the nearby cava country where we'll visit wineries and even make wine!
You'll not only learn and taste and explore, but together we'll honor those who have kept the flame of ancient Catalan traditions, food methods and agrarian skills alive.
(And, if you want to, you can get a range of optional professional and personal training along the way.)
Join the gastronomad movement in the most delicious way possible!
Here's what's included:
- Traditional bread baking class with Spain's #1 baker
- Day in the Cava country tasting biodynamic bubbles with the top natural winemakers
- Grape harvesting in Penedes vineyards and winemaking the Catalonian way
- Local artisanal cheese class with expert affineur to the Michelin restaurant chefs
- Wood-fire cook-out of Catalonian delicacies
- Quality time in exclusive studio with a famous Catalonian ceramicist and artist
- Guided walk around La Boqueria Market to shop the way the locals do
- Market to kitchen to table Paella and Sangria master class taught by Catalonia’s most talented couple (who are the leaders of Barcelona’s organic food movement)
- Authentic Paella and Sangria Party!
- Perfect Mediterranean picnic and beach day
- Spanish Vermut (vermouth) class and tasting
- Tapas hopping (a.k.a. restaurant roulette) at the city's best tapa joints
- Decadent and bohemian day and night in the Gothic Quarter
- A lavish Catalan gastronomy dining experience under the stars
- Journey through Spain's best wines with Spanish cheese pairing
- Traditional market-restaurant seafood culinary experience
- Intimate and exclusive Flamenco entertainment
- Old-fashioned Spanish hot chocolate and churro respite
- And other secret surprises!
Please grab your spot here or contact us below to get more information and apply!